Watch Have a Mindful, Stress-Free Holiday Season During the Pandemic below.
The holiday season often presents challenges for people with chronic illness. However, with self-awareness, we can float through this season with grace and fortitude. Here are some tips:
- We often judge our emotions; we judge those feelings. We can be embarrassed to feel like this or see them as a sign of weakness. There be so many different emotions we are experiencing that we can get caught in a whirlwind of negative emotions and either indulge or suppressing them. So now is the time for us to really recognize this and see if we can instead go into a state of mindful awareness of what we're experiencing. We do this by observing how we feel without judgement.
2. Can we be the source of that which we are looking for in the outside world? So let's soothe and reassure those who are anxious, let's listen and uplift those who are feeling sad and isolated around us. When it comes to those who are feeling grief, let's reach our hand out first. Let's know that we are not alone and that there are people around us who are there for us.
3. During the Holidays, let us try to do our best to be grateful for what we have in life and focus on that. Rather than being dependant on the outside world for our happiness, joy and sense of being, let us recognize that we have all the joy and love within us.
4. During these challenging times, it is an opportunity to go deeper into the meaning of Christmas and the Holidays and deeper into understanding why we are feeling the way we are right now and what we can do about it. It is a time to do our best to genuinely share and to embrace those human values that we all have in common.
5. How does Santa make sure he is stress-free? By indulging in a little elf-care.
Ashok Gupta is the Director of the Gupta Program. He has dedicated his life to helping people get their life back from Chronic Illness, improving people’s well-being, and helping them achieve their potential. He has been teaching meditation around the world for over 15 years. He runs a global e-clinic specializing in treating ME, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia & Multiple Chemical Sensitivities – guptaprogram.com
Ashok has spent many years researching the brain neurology of emotion and linking well-being tools with science. He has published medical papers on the basis of stress-related illnesses. He has appeared in many media as an expert on stress on the BBC, CNN, Guardian Newspaper, ITV, The Independent, and many others.
He wrote and presented the Meaning of Life Experiment which is a Free, Award-winning Meditation and Self-Development App www.themeaningoflife.tv
He also works with companies around the world, teaching courses in Leadership, Time Management, and Personal Development. www.ashokgupta.tv